December 22, 2015

DAY TWENTY-TWO: LISA CATTRONE

HERE’S A LETTER FOR SANTA
WHEN HE FINALLY SHAVES HIS BEARD
OR
A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR ADVENT
 
 
I want to force my body into a moss
and bang my head into the ground.
 
I want all the dead people
to look like tropical fish.
 
I want a lifetime pass
made of rabbit hair.
 
I want
Donald Trump to die.
 
I want a sheet of webs
to hover 10 inches above every sea.
 
I want a rectangular device
that can call all the shots.
 
I want the whirring aorta in the ground
to show itself to us.
 
I want all the inventions
to be invented and to rest.
 
I want no more of this
and only that.
 
I want all eyes
on Brazil.
 
I want all people to understand
the hallucination.
 
I want the goo tubes
to be more user friendly.
 
I want to meet Grendel
when I’m less busy.
 
I want busy to look different
like with a third eye.
 
I want a beautiful
horse.
 
I want to grow
a blue tail.
 
I want you to approach the New Disasters
auf den Händen.
 
I want the German language to 
turn into a sparkling, female pig.
 
I want all the New Miracles to 
refract light.
 
I want to 
avoid the scene.
 
I want to talk to my grandmother
in the middle of the day.
 
I want to insist the word “poetry”
doesn’t exist.
 
I want to roll all thoughts
under my bed.
 
I want a smaller setting
for all high school students.
 
I want all prophets
to shave their beards.
 
I want to listen 
to every word at once for the remainder of my life.
 
I want
a nice, new dress. Red.
 
I want to say nothing
and never break silence.




Lisa Cattrone is a mother and a high school teacher 
living in California. Her first full length book called 
simple constructs for the lizzies is forthcoming 
next year from Trembling Pillow Press. She has two 
chapbooks, Mutations for Jenny and My Secret Life 
out from Horse Less Press.

No comments: